May 6, 2008

Cat Scratching Post



George was in desperate need of a scratching post so I put one on my shopping list.

The following weekend on my walk to the bank, I found the perfect piece of wood for him to use (a good example of the universe providing what you ask for).

I lugged it home, went to the dollar store and bought a floor mat. I wrapped the mat around the wood and nailed it in place.

The end result is a scratching post just as good or better than the ones they sell at pet shops. All for the cost of $1.

I found a similar scratching post at Pet Smart for $29.99 plus tax, which means I possibly saved over $30, thank you very much =)

George loves it and uses it all the time, problem solved!

P.S. You could also easily use cardboard to make a scratching post.

-Love Marylin.


No comments: