May 11, 2008

Curtain Rods




Same old story, needed a curtain rod so I put one on my shopping list.

Whilst browsing through yet another dollar store, I spotted bamboo sticks and a light went off in my crazy head: they would make nice curtain rods!

It was 2 sticks for $1 and when I put them together they made the perfect length, as you can see by the picture.

I just stuck a nail through the holes where the sticks meet in the middle and had myself one long, straight stick.

The brackets on each end, that are holding the curtain up, were hand-me-downs from my mother. The brackets don't really match the bamboo, but I still love it, and more importantly, I love that it only cost me $1.

The cheapest curtain rod I could find at sears was $24.99 plus tax, which means I likely saved over $25!

Ahhh I rock.

-Love Marylin.


No comments: