May 15, 2008

How Do You Honour?

I was surprised to find, after doing a quick keyword search on witchvox.com, that there are very few environmental resources listed.

This kind of angered me because this site is the go-to site for most Pagans with access to a computer: you could definitely say it represents us in a large way.

I can only assume this small percentage of attention to environmental issues is due to alot of lip-service us Pagans pay to our 'Goddess' - we honour her but are we really honouring her? Or are we just lighting candles and saying blessings (which of course is a wonderful way to honour, but we need to do more).



If you're a Pagan, please leave a comment and let me know what you're doing to really honour the goddess, restore my hope perhaps.

I did find something in my search, a website called Activ8 - check out their article The Activist Witch: Finding Your Way to Change the World


-Love Marylin.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link :D

It is easy to become disheartened at the lip service being paid to honoring the earth and it does get me down at times, especially when I found out that my brother, who is also pagan, can not be bothered to recycle. It seems so easy, so simple and so necessary but he will not do it.

But there are moments when I am elated to see people who are helping, who do care and do go out of their way to do something, even small things, whether they are pagan or not. Like when my habit of picking up litter on my daily walks influenced a few other people to do the same.

I understand why you specify pagans, and I don't disagree with you that it is frustrating to hear "I honor the Earth Goddess" from someone who is tossing a cigarette butt on the ground, but the state of our planet requires that all of us do our part, regardless of spiritual path.

When considering your question, "What do others do?" I started to list the things we do, but then realized that what we actually did was slowly change the way we live and how we see things. The things we do now are numerous and would have seemed extreme to us at the early stages, but now its just a way of life and I think that's important. Start with baby steps, changing a light bulb isn't hard, then move on to the next thing.

This has gotten way to long, anyway, thanks again for the link and keep up the great work on the blog, it's an interesting read and as you pointed out, it fills a void.